Our comprehensive M77® K9 Training Plan develops fundamental skills in dogs and handlers for human scent discriminate trailing. Handlers are taught to use the standardized processes contained in the plan for training bloodhounds and multipurpose patrol dogs to indicate the presence, absence, and path of a targeted person utilizing the scent of the identified individual. Our innovative trailing app gives handlers the ability to measure the success of each exercise in the field from their phone and meets all SWGDOG requirements.
Price: $1500.00 4-Day Course - Training is located at our K9 Training Headquarters in Tallahassee, FL. Our Tallahassee location provides great indoor/outdoor and urban hard surface trailing opportunities in the heart of the city.
Upon completion of this course, handlers should be able to:
- Understand the Basic Scientific Principles of Human Scent.
- Understand Basic Behavioral Principles Used to Train K9s.
- Know 5 Primary Scent Collection Methods.
- Utilize Scent Collection Tech to Obtain Odor at the Scene.
- Have Awareness of Integrated Search Strategies.
- Know How Drones are Used in Conjunction with Trailing.
- Track K9 Training Progress within the SEK9 App.
Paul Coley - Founder & CEO, Scent Evidence K9
Paul is a former FBI Forensic Canine Operations Specialist and has dedicated his entire 30-year career to public service in the fields of education, law enforcement, criminal justice, investigations, forensics, and emergency management.
Paul instructs scent discriminate K-9 trailing, scent collection techniques, and missing person response protocol training for law enforcement and SAR handlers across the U.S. and Europe.
SEK9 Training Headquarters - Tallahassee, FL