When lives are on the line, law enforcement agencies need professional K9 Units they can trust to get the job done. Our Scent Discriminate Handler Certification program sets a new gold standard in qualification measurement and has been evaluated by industry experts to surpass SWGDOG requirements. Candidates will be evaluated on their completion and performance using our comprehensive system of trials and assessment standards with GPS mapping documentation of trails.
Price: $1500.00 3-Day Course
Do you have a large group that needs Handler Certification? We can come to you. Give us a call at 850-272-6950 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements, Qualification Criteria and Assessments
Certification candidates must present a minimum of six months of Scent-Discriminate K9 training records for review. Required items include:
- Name of handler and canine
- Names of individuals assisting with training / Trail Layers
- Date of training
- Location and environmental conditions of training
- Training design (non-blind, single-blind or double-blind)
- Description of targets
- Location of targets
- Set time / Age of trail
- Length of trail
- Search results
- Deficiencies and corrective measures implemented during the training regimen
Certification Qualifying Criteria:
- Scent Discriminate Assessment - 5 Trials
- Location Check Assessment - 8 Trials
- Comprehensive Trailing Assessment
- Scent Collection and Dismissals Assessment
- Written Assessment
Paul Coley - Founder & CEO, Scent Evidence K9
Paul is a former FBI Forensic Canine Operations Specialist and has dedicated his entire 30-year career to public service in the fields of education, law enforcement, criminal justice, investigations, forensics, and emergency management.
Paul instructs scent discriminate K-9 trailing, scent collection techniques, and missing person response protocol training for law enforcement and SAR handlers across the U.S. and Europe.
SEK9 Training Headquarters - Tallahassee, FL